Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The story of Johnson Gube and Bill

I got an email from Mr. Johnson Gube. It's one of those scams where they tell you they need a bank account to transfer 28 million dollars to and for your trouble you get to keep 30%. If you play along, they eventually want you to transfer some kind of transaction fee to them (or whatever they call it) and then disappear. I've been playing along with Gube. Emails follow in chronological order:


FROM:MR.JOHNSON GUBE
GRAND FINANCE AND TRUST BANK.
RUE CLUB DE L' AMITIE,
0251 B.P. 1625 COTONOU,
BENIN REPUBLIC.
TELEX: 5394
SWIFT: GRAFITR CTNOU

ATTEN:

RE:TRANSFER OF $28.5 million(USD)

In order to transfer out $28.5 million(USD) from GRAND FINANCE
AND
TRUST BANK.

I have the courage to ask for your assistance to handle this important
and
confidential business believing that you will never let me down either
now or
in future.Because it is highly confidential and secret.

I am MR.JOHNSON GUBE,the MANAGER of GRAND FINANCE AND TRUST BANK.

There is an account opened in this bank in 1990 and since year 2000
nobody has
operated
on this account again.
After going through some old files in the records, I discovered that if
I do
not remit this money out urgently it will be forfeited for nothing or
reverted
into the selfish
government purse.

The owner of this account was Mr.Hassan Balhas Ghadar, a foreigner, and
a miner
at D&D INVESTMENT
CO., a geologist by profession and he died since year 2000.

No other person knows about this account or any thing concerning it,
the account
has no other
beneficiary and my investigation proved to me as well that his company
does
not know anything about this account and the amount involved is $28.5
million(USD).
I want to transfer the $28.5 million(USD) into a safe foreigner's
account abroad
, but I don't know any foreigner.
I am only contacting you as a foreigner because this money can not be
approved
to a local bank here, but can only be approved to any foreigner with
valid
international
passport or drivers license and foreign account.
Because the money is in US dollars and the former owner of the account
Mr.Hassan
Balhas
Ghadar,was a foreigner too.

I know that this message will come to you as a surprise as we don’t
know
ourselves before,
but be sure that it is real and a genuine business as I have put in
place the
neccesary
logistics that will ensure a hitch free transfer into your account upon
acceptance.I only got
your contact address from my secretary who operates computer with
believe in God
that you will
never let me down in this business.

You are the only person that I have contacted in this business,
so please reply urgently so that I will inform you the next step to
take urgently. Send also your private telephone and fax number for
urgent
communication.
I would have liked us to meet face to face but as a bank top civil
servant,I am
not allowed by
law of the land to travel outside the country for now.Kindly assist me
so that
you can receive
this money into a foreign account or any account of your choice where
the fund
will be safe.

I will fly to your country for withdrawal and sharing and other
investments once
you confirm the
money in your account. I am contacting you because of the need to
involve a
foreigner with
foreign account and foreign beneficiary.
I need your full co-operation to make this work fine because the
management is
ready to approve
this payment to any foreigner who has correct information of this
account,which
I will give to
you immediately,if you are able and capable to handle such amount in
strict
confidence and
trust according to my instructions and advice for our mutual benefit
because
this opportunity
will never come again in my life.

I need truthful person in this business because I don't want to make
mistake and
your strong
assurance and trust are equally needed.
With my position now in the office I can transfer this money to any
foreigner's
reliable account, which you can provide with assurance that this money
will be
intact pending my physical arrival in your country for sharing and I
want to
remind you that your share has been calculated at 30% of the total sum.

I want to tell you that this transaction is 100% risk free and legal
because all
the documents that will back up this transaction will be available, so
that no body will question the fund when it is finaly tranfered to your
account.

I am waiting for your urgent reply so that I will give you more
information
about
this transaction through my private mobile email navigator:
banktransferproject@latinmail.com or my phone contact.

Regards and God bless.

MR.JOHNSON GUBE.

Kindly call me for more information.
PHONE NUMBER +229 - 40 35 48.

-----------------------------------

Dear Mr. Gube,
Thank you for this opportunity to assist you. This sounds like a good deal for both of us! It would be my pleasure to help you out of your difficult situation.
I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.
Sincerely,
Bill
-------------------------------------
Dear Mr Bill Tangeman
Thanks for accepting to work with me on this transaction I would like you to know that what I need from you in this transaction is trust and confidence because that is the utmost important thing in business like this I am trusting you believing that when this money get to your account you will not run away with the money,

Before I can give you more information regarding to this transaction I would like you to send to me your full name and address telephone and fax.and your bank information where you want the money to be transfered into.

I wait your response.

Regards.
Mr Johnson Gube.
Tel 0022906728600
--------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Gube,
It will be my pleasure to forward to you the requested information in short order. May I ask, however, that you forward to me a small sum as a show of trust and good faith? A tiny amount of $10,000 or so should be easy to forward via paypal. To use paypal you already have all the information you need (my name and email address). It is an easy task to accomplish at www.paypal.com
Thank you for this offer of faith and trust. If you should still require my bank information I shall be happy to forward it to you.

Sincerely,
Bill




---------------------------------------
Dear Bill Tangeman?

I recieved your mail but you dont understand what am saying you this money can not be approve with out some lay claim to it, its when your account is submited that the bank transfer money to your account,

From your answer is like you dont trust this transaction, please if you dont trust this transaction kindly let me so I can look for some one else who can asist me to transfer this money because the most important thing in transaction trust and confidence in ourselfs.

Kindly let me know if you to go on with the transaction.

Regards
Mr Gube Johnson.
Tel 0022906728600
--------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Gube Johnson?
I did not Sir mean to offend you or betray your confidence. It seems there is a difference in our cultural backgrounds that can surely be overcome! As a United States citizen, I am sworn by the consititution of our great fore-fathers to uphold a kindness to individuals and friends from foreign lands in difficult situations like your own. To this extent and for the sake of all that is good in mankind, it is my privledge to instruct unto you the methods of typical business transactions as observed by American citizens on a daily basis.

Thusly, I shall upon your approval provide you with a post office box for the purpose of your gesture of good faith and trust. Should you choose to uphold this sacred trust, I must request that you send to this P.O. box no less than 100 golden dubloons. Upon receipt, I shall immediatly facilitate your request to rescue your impressive sum of money. I shall toil for your benifit!

Thank you Sir for this privledged opportunity to assist.

-Bill
-------------------------------------

No comments:

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels