Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sausage Gravy from a Can

Mullins has a tradition cooking an elaborate breakfast on Saturday mornings. One of the things he enjoys during these morning feasts is Cambell's Country Style Sausage Gravy from a can. I've always been a biscuits and gravy fan, but had never realized this kind of gravy came in a can or "tin" as the Brits say. I was intrigued. It took me awhile to track the stuff down at the grocery store, but I finally did.

After cooking up some Grands biscuits, I microwaved the gravy and put some on. What can I say? Tasty! It pretty much looks and tastes the way sausage gravy is supposed to taste. The sausage bits themselves made me a bit nervous, but seemed to be just fine. I recommend this product. It's a solid home version of a fancy diner breakfast. It's not the most healthy breakfast in the world, but that has never really been the biscuit and gravy strong suit anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuki clearly has the gravy fever eyes. give that dog some gravy!

Rob said...

you guys must be a test market for that gravy - i've never seen it! not bad looking though.

Tangeman said...

You got to watch products like this for unhealthily high sodium levels.

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels