Saturday, March 29, 2008

KFC Experience = FAIL



I should know better than to ever try to eat at KFC. I really should. Once in a while though, fate seems to lead me through the Colonel's doors. I always regret the trip. Tonight, I was enticed by a coupon in the newspaper good for four dollars off a KFC family meal. I walked into the store and immediately noticed the place was dirty and smelled badly. Nevertheless, I stepped up to the counter and ordered the 10 piece family meal priced at $14.99. I presented the coupon and the employee was baffled. He got his manager, a middle aged, obese woman with bad teeth wearing a sloppy, stained KFC uniform. She inspected the coupon and informed me that the family meal was specially priced at $14.99 so they couldn't take the coupon. The regular price was $16.99 she said. I suggested she charge me the $16.99 price and allow me to use the coupon. She thought about this for awhile and then told me that they don't usually do that. I thanked her and left.


The last time I tried to eat at KFC was in 2002. That time, I had gone there for lunch, and ordered a 2 piece chicken meal. The employee told me they were out of fried chicken. I expressed mild disbelief, thanked her, and left.

These bad experiences haven't caused me to permanently write off KFC though. I'll stick to my schedule of giving them a try every 5 to 7 years. I look forward to having my next KFC experience around the year 2014.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kentucky Fried Chicken Sucks! Bad food, crappy stores and generally a bad experience. At least your experiences are "non-experiences". If you must eat there here's my advice. Buy 1 biscuit eat it...and call it good.

Anonymous said...

I also took my two children to kfc.We ate at the buffet, in about two hours my daughter complained about not feeling well. I also did not feel good. Before it was over we all had many trips to the toilet. We often recall the memory of the bad experience, and it is a faimly joke. This happened about twenty years ago.

Anonymous said...

Too bad, really. Not that I go often, but I've always had good experiences with KFC.

Heynonnynonnymous.

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels