Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Tulips of the '90s?

Several years back McDonalds launched the 2nd release of its Teanie Beanie Babies. It was in the waining years of the whole Beanie Baby craze. Bill and I thought we might have a leg up on collecting these things since Dad prided himself on a trip to McDonalds each day for breaksfast.

We somehow convinced him that he should begin buying these babies as some sort of an investment. Later in the summer he presented us each with ~11 complete sets of Teenie Beanies. I carried mine around for many a year. As I was cleaning out the office I ran across them and looked them up on eBay. I was shocked to find that about 90% of the Beanies I researched on eBay (searching in the completed listings) went without a bid.

That was all I needed to know. I collected them up, took them to work, opened them and anonymously placed them on people's desks.

I saved an Aardvark for myself.

No comments:

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels