Sunday, April 22, 2007

New Product Reviews!

Maybe it has something to do with Summer being upon us, but new products are flooding into stores. Here is my opinion about some I've tried recently:

The Strawberry Milkshake Oreo is an unlikely product. I mean, how did they decide on this flavor? The cookie part is classic Oreo while the cream claims to be strawberry milkshake flavor. The only option for quantity of creme is "double stuff". Erin noted that the creme tasted like the canned strawberry flavored cake frosting you can buy. I agree. This is very sweet cookie. Maybe overly sweet. Don't expect this one to be around for long.




Coke dropped a nuke on Pepsi in the cola wars with their new Diet Coke Plus. Diet Coke Plus is like Diet Coke, except with the addition of vitamins and minerals. Specifically, the ingredients list Niacin 25%, Vitamin B6 25%, Vitamin B12 25%, Magnesium 15%, and Zinc 15%. It tastes pretty much like regular Diet Coke, but now you can feel healthy about drinking chemically flavored cola.




Snickers has Shrekafied their candy bar by turning the nougat filling green to promote yet another Shrek movie. They claim the bar tastes the same. I agree that it does, but the texture of the green nougat may be a little thicker than the regular. I say, why see the movie when you can eat the bar?



Last but not least, we have new Rainbow Twizzlers. This interesting product combines the shape of the classic strawberry Twizzler with the texture of the pull 'n' peel variety Twizzler. You can't call this licorice. It's more like gummy candy. The new Twizzlers come in a variety of flavors in one bag which I believe is a Twizzlers first. I highly recommend these if you like the pull 'n' peel style Twizzlers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed a Diet Coke Plus last week. I give it high marks! And don't forget to send the cap codes. I'm up over 500 points.

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels