Friday, October 13, 2006

My Strange Quest for a Nintendo Wii

Today is Wii-day. The first day that a select few are able to preorder a Nintendo Wii to supposedly guarantee a unit on day one of the mid-November launch. I decided to head to Gamestop to get one! I went at about 8AM this morning. There was a line of 9 people already there. The first guy in line had been there since 7PM the night before!

This is a picture of the Wii.

Here's a picture from my position in line.

This lady handed out oatmeal creme pies to everyone. Yuki and I shared one.

Yuki was a nice companion to have since it was close to freezing out.

These ladys approached from the Super Clips Haircut place in the stripmall. They offered free haircuts to anyone in line for some kind of barber school certification exam. After making sure that my spot in line was secure, I took them up on the free cut. I was the only one to do it!

Here's a snap of the first guy in line. Over he waited 14 hours through a freezing night. That's dedication!


The oatmeal pie lady approached again, this time offering what she called "magazines to help us pass the time". I took a couple to be nice since I'd eaten one of her oatmeal pies. Yes that's right, she was an oatmeal pie wielding Jehova's Witness!!!

The story ends like this: The employees arrived and began letting people in one by one to preorder. I asked the guy how many units they had and he said "less than 12". This scared me because I was number 10 in line. Number 11 and I were sweating! They finally got to me and let me in the store and told #11 to take a hike. I was the last person to get one!

I'll have a Wii day one!!!!

No comments:

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels