Saturday, December 10, 2005

Chronicles of Narnia movie review





I saw Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I loved the books as a kid and read them several times. The movie was visually awesome, but I found something missing. It moved through all the plot points, but never really explained anything and I never really understood the characters motivations very well.

The Miami Herald gets it right when they say:
"There's little warmth or depth to the characters who, for the most part, trudge through the film with little wonder at the magical journey they're making."

Worth checking out for the amazing scenery and special effects (mostly the animals). Plus, Aslan the Lion is nifty. I give it so-so marks.

No comments:

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels