Thursday, August 20, 2009

The White Rocking Chair

When I was in Oxford, Mississippi a few months back, I noticed a large number of white rocking chairs sitting out on porches. I guess it's an Old South thing. Or should I say Ole South? Anyway, seeing these chairs confirmed something I already knew. That a white rocking chair would look great on our porch! Problem was, I didn't want to spend the hundred dollars most stores were asking for the chairs. But, my rocking chair dream became real when I noticed the rocker you see below at a garage sale and picked it up dirt cheap.

Of course, my dream was a white rocking chair, and this one was brown, so I gave it a good rough sanding and then lathered on the primer.

Then I added two coats of cloud white exterior house paint, and waited for it to dry.

The white rocking chair on my porch dream has finally come true!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this story, please tell more about some of your dreams thank you

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels