Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wing Challenge

A few weeks ago Erin and I ate lunch in a place called Buffalo Wild Wings. It's a sports bar chain that specializes in buffalo wings. They feature 14 flavors of buffalo wing sauce ranging from very sweet and mild to extremely hot. Their hottest sauce is called "Blazin", which is two heat levels up from their "Habanero" flavor, so as you can imagine, it's very hot stuff.
I discovered on our lunch trip that they have a wing eating challenge. The rules state that you must eat 12 wings flavored with their spiciest "Blazin" sauce in under six minutes without using napkins or drinking liquids. I vowed that day to take the challenge, and tonight I followed through.



Here I am before the challenge begins.

The wings arrive. I found it a little cheap that they literally drenched the things in the killer sauce. Plus, even though this picture doesn't really show it, the wings seemed much larger than what they normally serve. I was undeterred.

I began eating at a business-like pace as employees looked on with stopwatch in hand.

By the end I was feeling pretty bad, mostly from the volume of food consumed so quickly more so than from the heat of the sauce. At any rate, here I am holding up the bone of my final wing.


Sweet success! I finished all twelve wings in slightly under two minutes, forty five seconds, which is one of their best recorded challenge times (although the top time is nearly a minute faster). For my efforts I received the t-shirt pictured here and my picture and challenge time placed on the wall of fame.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You aren't looking so good in that last picture Bubb! Congrats though. Kind of like the Village Inn Pancake Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Nice Job B!!! Not sure I could have managed something quite like that - the sauce all over my face would have driven me nuts!!! :)

I found this link through the Starbucking one .. hope you are doing alright! Eating well I see!! haha!!! Give me a call or drop me a line sometime!

Anonymous said...

There must be a hole in your esophagus now!! Those things can kill a small animal! Congrats on finishing the challenge :)

Anonymous said...

Bill, I am totally impressed. I love this Blog. It is entertaining and fun. Of course, the pictures and videos of my beautiful nephew are my favorites. I hope you are doing well. Congratulations on your engagement!

Anonymous said...

Oh, el mensaje es de Jennifer. Me recuerdas?

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels