Saturday, February 03, 2007

Vista - Installation Review

First, because you are reading this, the installation has at least been somewhat successful. The installation took 1.5 hours and there were, and remain some complications.

The first big problem was my sound card, a Creative Audigy 4, stopped working. I finally found a beta driver install and got it back and running. Problem 2 remains the printer. My HP C3180 which is less than 6 months old is without driver and doesn't work. I figure it's only a matter of time until something shows up. Finally, iTunes. It doesn't recognize music I've purchased so won't allow me to play it. Lesson here is if you buy music from iTunes burn it and rip it to unprotected MP3s. I'm sure this will be fixed by Apple at some point as it is well-documented.

Aside from these, Vista seems to be working fine. It does give me a boot option which is kind of annoying when I turn the computer on.

No comments:

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels