Thursday, November 30, 2006

Cream Cheese Pizza

I've heard about cream cheese pizza for awhile and I finally tried it. As near as I can tell, this is a Nebraska thing kind of like Runza. It is available at all the local or small regional chain pizza places here and at none of the national places. So what is it? Think of a pepperoni pizza then take away the pepperoni and replace it with chunks of cream cheese. These chunks go below the layer of melted mozarella. You can also add other toppings but what Erin and I ordered was just plain cream cheese pizza.

This is a picture of the pie as delivered to our table.

Here I rolled back the mozarella with my fork to expose the cream cheese underneath. I think it starts out as chunks and then melts when cooked.


Is it any good? Well, that's subjective. Lots of people swear by this stuff around here. I didn't really love it myself, but I can understand why some do. It's very rich and creamy. I personally prefer my cream cheese to be cold and on a bagel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

doesn't really look so good

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels