Sunday, July 03, 2005

My turn at bat: this is your father (or uncle) speaking.

I have it on good authority that Batman Returns (Keaton 1992) is the best bat-flick and that the new Batman: The Beginning is weak by comparison. To check this out, I went out and bought Batman (Keaton 1989) and Batman Returns. I then watched them in sequence, although I had seen both. These are both good flicks, and I agree with my source critic that K92 surpasses K89, mostly because Catwoman trumps Vicky Vale and DeVito trumps Nicholson. I will check out the new one when it comes to Betamax.

I saw the original War of the Worlds, made in roughly 1953, as a kid. I liked it a lot. It is one of the few flicks from my youth still memorable to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Note: You can't compare 2 movies unless you've seen them both. While I personally like the original Batman I thought Batman 2 stunk. Batman Begins is right up there with Batman 1.

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels