Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hot Cheetos & Takis

About a month ago, I heard about a rap song and video that some kids made over the summer that went viral on youtube. The song is called "Hot Cheetos & Takis". I watched it and pretty much forgot about it, although I never knew exactly what the kids meant by "Takis". Well this weekend, I figured it out when I happened to see them at Walmart. Takis are a kind of corn chip snack, the kind of thing you see down in Mexico. I bought a bag to check them out.
I also picked up a bag of Hot Cheetos in order to really experience the snack that these inner-city kids loved so much.
So what are Takis like? Pretty awful. It's like a Frito rolled into a tight tube and saturated in greasy chili powder which is overpowered by an oily, fried aftertaste. Takis are bad, and the people who make them should feel bad.
So when you combine Takis with Hot Cheetos as these kids do, the snack you get is pretty much (bad) x (2). These things don't go well together. They are largely the same thing! I'm left wondering who the parents are letting these kids eat this crap! Let's hope their next hit single is "Capri Sun & Apple Slices". Here's the video in case you haven't seen it.

2 comments:

ABHIJEET said...

Great post!! I love this. Thank you for sharing this valuable information.

vollsticks said...

Yet another wonderful idea to decimate the working class and the "desperate poor" by voluntary food poisoning! The Powers That Be are laughing at us.

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels