Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tequila Mockingbird


I did a comparison test of tequilas. On the right, my usual brand: 1800 Reposada. Good stuff, 100% agave, and $29 for 750 ml locally. On the left, Cabo Wabo anejo, also 100% agave and $46 for 750 ml locally.

On the rocks: the 1800 is pretty smooth, the Cabo far smoother.
In a margarita: same thing. 1800 a fine drink using my recipe below.
Cabo Wabo: a better and truly outstanding drink.

My judgement: for daily use, the 1800 is the one to use. If you just want deluxe, go the other way. You can of course pay more than $46 and probably get even better.

My margarita recipe:

1.5 ounces tequila
3 ounces Jose Cuervo Margarita mix.
.5 ounces Grand Marnier

Shake it up and serve over the rocks in a highball glass with salted rim.
Or strain into a margarita glass with salted rim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always been impressed with the Cabo as well...

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels