Sunday, August 08, 2010

Adventures in Snapple

I've been drinking some Snapple lately. On Donald Trump's reality show "Celebrity Apprentice", one of the challenges was to create a new flavor of Snapple. Two of the flavors were considered good enough to produce and sell. Erin watches the show, so I was familiar enough with them to recognize them on the store shelf.
The best of the two flavors is called "Trop*a*Rocka. It was created by rock star Bret Michaels. It's a good tasting diet tea with tropical fruit flavors.

The least of the new flavors is called "Compassionberry". It was created by someone named Holly Robinson Peete. I'm not sure why she's a celebrity. The tea is sweetened with sugar and has some berry flavors. To me, it tasted like normal sweetened tea mixed with Kool-aid.

The other reason I've been drinking the occasional Snapple lately is because I can get it really cheaply. You can now find 16 ounce cans of Snapple (instead of a bottle) for only 79¢. The 79¢ price is printed right on the can. That's already a good price for a convenience store beverage. But I also noticed stacks of a 50¢ off coupon in stores near the Snapple cooler. The coupon clearly says it is good on any 16 ounce Snapple. I presented the coupon with the 79¢ can of Snapple. The clerk was somewhat confused by this. She thought maybe the coupon could only be used on bottles of Snapple. Ultimately, however, she could not argue with the clarity of the printed language, and I walked out with a 29¢ can of Snapple.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"snap" it up!

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels