Monday, January 18, 2010

St. Louis Style Pizza

This weekend in Kansas City, Erin and I had our first experience with St. Louis style pizza. I hadn't heard of such a pizza style until recently. What I learned is that the St. Louis style pie hallmark is an ultra thin crispy crust.

We went to Imo's Pizza which claims to be the original St. Louis style pizza. A friend of mine who is actually from St. Louis says Imo's is good, but that there is better St. Louis style pie to be found in St. Louis.

The pizza arrived, and it did indeed appear to be very thin. In fact, it may be the thinnest pizza crust I have ever seen.


The Imo's pie tasted great too. I'll seek it out again upon future trips into Missouri. Let's hope the St. Louis style pizza concept catches on and spreads outside the Show Me State.

No comments:

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels