Friday, October 23, 2009

Balloon Boy Art

On October 15, 2009, the balloon boy lifted off from Fort Collins and into the spotlight. I followed the story very closely, mostly because I was stuck in the Memphis airport when it was happening and had nothing better to do than to sit and watch. I wanted to find a way to commemorate this grand event in pop culture, so I asked a talented artist named Leora Platte, who works in the same office as me, to paint a balloon boy picture for me. Here's what she created:

I'm very happy with the painting, and plan to put it in my office. You can see more examples of Leora Platte's art on her blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is some good stuff.

Anonymous said...

was this lady named after the platte river? this is some of her best work i think.

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels