Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Antique Waffler

I made Jack waffles this morning - a Sunday morning tradition of sorts but instead of using the standard Villaware Classic Waffler..



I elected to pull out the old Tangeman Family 4-grid waffle iron - circa the 60's or 70's. I hadn't used this one in a while and don't think my last experience went that well with it.



I sprayed some Crisco onto it and wiped it down to condition it a bit and poured the batter in. The first waffle wasn't good - it stuck and was undercooked - not even dog-worthy. The second, third and fourth waffles, however were great! The antique waffle iron is back in the game!



It makes a thinner, crisper waffle than you get out of many of today's irons which tend to be more of the belgian style.

No comments:

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels