Monday, February 09, 2009

Fake Cheese = Real Gagging

Because one bag of shredded cheddar cheese is the same as another, we decided to buy the cheapest bag we could find. I opened the cheese to use on a salad and happened to throw a few shreds into my mouth. Soon after I was spitting and gagging at the sink. Something was terribly wrong. Turns out we accidently bought an imitation cheese product called "Cheddamelt". It's an oil based non-dairy product that ranks among the worst things I have ever put in my mouth. I put some blame on the grocery store manager who decided to hang this crap right in the center of all the real cheese, but ultimately, I have to blame myself for not paying attention. Beware!

2 comments:

Rob said...

Cheddamelt - it is more obvious than the fake Dreyers Ice Cream I bought a few months back.

I remember when Pizza Inn actually used fake cheese on their pizzas but had to switch to real because Pizza Hut had planned an ad slamming them. I wonder if they have now gone back to fake???

From my experience there is one good fake cheese and they call it Velveeta - it makes a good cheesy dip.

D'Nena & Robin Moore said...

Say "AMEN" to the Velveeta.

Great looking boy you've got there.
'GOOD JOB !!', Mom.

[From Robin & D'Nena Moore]

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels