Saturday, March 17, 2007

McDonald's New Cinnamon Melts

I tried the new cinnamon roll at McDonald's. They call it Cinnamon Melts but seem to be confused about whether it is a Melt or a Melts. On an official McDonald's website they say:

"Now available at your local McDonald's Cinnamon Melts What is a Cinnamon Melt? The Cinnamon Melt are the heart of the cinnamon roll, with a sticky cinnamon sugar glaze; they are gooey and delicious!"

Burger King made the "just the best part of the cinnamon roll" claim about their cini-minis product a few years back. I never bought into it because I believe the goodness of the interior of the cinnamon roll can only exist in conjunction with the exterior of the roll. If you cut away the exterior, part of the interior then becomes the exterior, has contact with air, and drys out becoming less goey and sticky.

So how does the McDonald's product stack up? I think it's pretty good. I give it a 7 out of a possible 10. It has good cinnamon flavor and is definitely a step up from their old cinnamon roll. This isn't a Cinnabon by any stretch, but it exceeds expectations for a fast food cinnamon roll product. As you can see, it's made up of many bread roll "bubbles" which makes it easy to eat with a fork. The cinnamon and sugar goo cover and bind the bubbles.

On the down side, it's a step up in price from their old cinnamon roll as well. The old roll was 99 cents while this new one was closer to two dollars.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a coupon for a free one of those puppies and was planning to try it.

What do you think of their new coffee campaign - touting the fact that they add the sugar and cream for you???

Anonymous said...

I drink my coffee black.

Anonymous said...

After looking at the pictures, I had to try one. I took my friend to McDonald's with me and we each ordered one with free coffee.Total with tax $3.47. She was not impressed, I liked mine, then finished hers. She ordered egg and cheese biscuit and was happy. We both left with a new experience for the day. Coffee with cream.

Visitor Location Details

Blog Archive

Blog Fans!

Tangeman Family Blog Labels